Sunday, November 18, 2012

Week in Review: 18/11/12

I said last week I was moving the blog to a new url and I did.  The blog is now Bookish Ames and the address is bookishames.blogspot.com.  Please update links and feeds.  :P

This past week was a short one.  Monday was a holiday and then work was busy busy.  But it wasn't too bad.  And the weather was ok.  It snowed over 20cm last weekend but this week was snow free and the temps weren't bitterly cold.  I really hope we have a mild winter like last year.

And I read!  It didn't feel like lots but it definitely adds up.

Charlie Update:  I mentioned in last week's WiR that she was aggressive with Max ever since she came back from the vet.  Well last Sunday it boiled over and they got into an epic fight-blood was drawn.  :(  AND it appears Charlie holds grudges.  She would freak out whenever she saw Max after that.  Things are somewhat better, we have to make sure she doesn't attack him again, but at least they can be in the same room together.  Her belly is healed up too.  It's looking good.

OOh I forgot to mention, I bought a google nexus tablet last weekend too.  I really enjoy it and all week I was going from my kindle to my ipad to the nexus.  I think I like the nexus more than the others, but I need to pick up a case for it if I want to take it with me when I leave the house.

Books Read
Case for Seduction by Ann Christopher

The blurb for this one appealed to me.  It was a nice quick read and I enjoyed it but felt like Jake was a bit overzealous in showing Charlotte he liked her son.  It came off as a bit desperate.  And then there were unresolved issues at the end, especially since Charlotte was Jake's employee.

Breathe by Kristin Ashley

I mentioned this author was my new crack, right?  Breathe was good, but it didn't have the impact of the previous novels in this series.  And the conflict seemed a bit meh.  Another yummy hero though.  And I did like the homeless boy aspect.

Tart by Lauren Dane

I made myself read this one slowly.  LOL  Otherwise I would have gulped it up in one sitting!

Where Nerves End by L.A. Witt

After reading Tart, I realized it's been almost a month and a half since I read an m/m.  I had to rectify that and Where Nerves End fit the bill.  I love Witt's writing, and no one writes a kiss like she does.  Hot stuff!  I thought the acupuncture stuff was interesting (it makes me want to try it) and I liked our MCs.  But I felt like the conflict was a bit thin.  I don't know why it didn't work for me.  But overall a good solid read.

Motorcycle Man by Kristen Ashley

This was a re-read.  I picked up the first book in the Dream Man series and right when Tack was introduced I felt like I had to re-read his book before I could read Hawk and Gwen's.  LOL  Anyway, it's good.  Tack is delicious, but in a bad bad way.

Reviews Posted
Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens

New Additions
Library
Iced by Karen Marie Moning

It's been forever since I bought anything and I'm definitely getting itchy!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Oh you changed your blog name!!! I like it. :D

    You also enjoyed Tart! I want to read your review. ;P And, I'm not following the new series by KMM, but I would love to read your take on Ice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got Iced for my mom - I do plan on reading it, but I want to catch up on KMM's Fever series first. I read the first two books (I think). LOL I know for sure I read the first one.

      Delete
  2. I love the new name, the new look and I love Charlie too. =) I'm glad her belly is all healed up and that things are getting better between her and Max.

    You look like you had a good reading week, far better than me. Go you!

    Mike here at work is looking at the Nexus tablet. He keeps talking about it and even said it's far better than the Kindle Fire HD (that he pitched in to get me, haha) so if it's as good as you're saying, I can see why he wants it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a good reading week. :P It's Kristen Ashley, I can't stop reading her!

      I really enjoy my Nexus tablet. Plus, it was available. The kindle fire/kfHD aren't available to canadians. BOO

      Delete
  3. LOL Ames!! Sounds like you definitively had a busy week!! :) and jeez, you're reading sure added up! :) Good reading indeed :) And you got to read books that you wanted, that's the best in my opinion.

    Glad that Max and Charlie can now be in the same room together ^_^; I hope it gets better!

    Congrats on the move of url! Brave woman! LOL. and yay on the new toy! LOL

    is there still snow left?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I know it took me forever to finally make up my mind and move. :P

      There's still snow, but it's melting! Ugh, I hate when its melting - makes the vehicles sooo dirty.

      Delete