1. The King’s Concubine by Anne O’Brien: B
2. Sticks & Stones by Madeline Urban & Abigail Roux: B+
This is the second book in the Cut & Run series. It picks up with Ty and Zane after the events of Book 1. They're visiting Ty's family and it definitely highlighted something that I took for granted with the conclusion of book 1, that these guy's have a ways to go in their relationship yet. LOL I enjoyed this one. The dynamics with Ty and his family were insightful. Very enjoyable.
3. A Dance of Love and Jealousy by Roland Graeme: B+
I like ballet and stories and movies featuring ballet dancers are usually winners with me. A Dance features an up and coming dancer named Nate Deventer and some of his fellow dancers in a ballet company in New York City. Nate's world gets shaken up a bit when his hero Romuald Ghent comes to work for the company. And what do you know? Nate catches Romuald's eye. There is so much more to this story than that and I loved all of it. One thing that didn't really fit and made me giggle sometimes was the dialog in the sex scenes. Over the top a bit. But everything was good.
4. Rain by L.A. Witt: B
This is a follow up to Rules of Engagement, Dustin and Brandon's story. Told from Brandon's POV, it's 2 years since they've fallen in love and they're wanting to get married. Both men reach out to their brothers...brothers who disowned them for being with a man. This was ok. It was nice to revisit the guys.
5. After the Golden Age by Carrie Vaughn: B
6. Birds of a Feather by Allison Lane: C+
*sigh* I didn't take the greatest notes on this one. LOL It's an opposites attract story. Plain girl, in town to find a husband for her charge, and she keeps running into a very posh, fashionable lord. It was an ok read but I remember being bothered by the fact that they didn't reveal their love to each other until the very end.
7. The Difference Between You and Me by Madeline George: C
8. Hit List by Laurell K. Hamilton: C
9. Doubtless by Cat Grant: B
10. Easy by Tammara Webber: B+
11. Off the Menu by Stacey Ballis: A-
12. Fame, Love and Other Lessons by Jo Frances: C-
13. The Hostage Bargain by Annika Martin: B
A - 1
B - 7
C - 4
E-Book - 6
Print - 2
Library - 4
M/M – 3 (mystery/contemp)
Historical – 2
Contemporary – 2
Fantasy – 2
New Adult – 2
LGBT YA – 1
I think I read from a variety of genres this month, which is always a good thing. Ugh, my goal to read more from my tbr pile was an epic fail again. Only 2 print books? Yikes!