Monday, December 10, 2012

M/M Monday Review: Sno Ho

Sno Ho by Ethan Day
Published by MLR Press in October 2010
Boone Daniels seems to have trouble finishing things. Along with the half dozen or so novels he's started, only to abandon mid-way through, his love life could be best described as a series of drive-bys.

Boone has spent the past week staying at a ski lodge in the tiny mountain town of Summit City. He's been using his time alone to write while waiting for his boyfriend to join him for their anniversary.

What happens to Boone when he winds up dumped on the eve of his one-year anniversary and ends up at a bar having one too many cocktails? Wade Walker.
Genre:  M/M Romance
Series:  Sno Ho #1

Sno Ho begins with a hung over and sore Boone sneaking out of his still-sleeping one night stand’s house. He’s in the small town of Summit City on what he thought was a one year anniversary vacation but what turned out to be an epic break-up. His now ex-boyfriend rented a luxurious suite and even booked Boone ski lessons, but dumped him before he came to Summit City himself. Boone is devastated, but not really, and heads to the local bar to drown his sorrows. Next thing he knows, he’s running away from last night’s conquest. When he shows up late for his ski lessons, he comes face to face with Mr. One-night stand. And oh man, what a yummy guy! Wade is big, built, funny, good looking and I love how he’s laughing at Boone’s crazy shenanigans. Because let me tell you, Boone is kind of off the wall, says whatever pops into his head. But you love him for it. He’s also insecure – he knows he goes after the wrong men. So when Wade is the answer to his all his dreams, he’s a bit freaked. Because Wade wants him, and he’s not afraid to show Boone how much.

All right then. I love Ethan Day’s writing. I get his humor and I like his characters. They get into some funny situations that are sometimes beyond comprehension but he makes it work. Well it works for me, anyway.

Now Boone. He’s been burned. All the staff at the lodge where he’s staying knew before he did that he was getting dumped. I guess his ex told everyone what he was doing. In a small city like Summit, news travels fast. Also, in a small city like Summit, when the local sports god, aka Olympic Gold Medal winner, aka Wade, hooks up with someone, EVERYONE knows about it. And lots of people have opinions about it. I liked all the jokes about town approval on Boone and voting for when their wedding date with be. Boone didn’t like it though – he’s not used to so much interest in his affairs. But I liked how Boone and Wade were a good fit for each other. And really, Wade just sounds so scrumptious. Boone is one lucky guy.

Since this was a novella, it kind of had an open ending and I’m so glad I had Life in Fusion in my tbr pile already. Sno Ho gets a B+ from me.  It was funny and it had some yummy characters.

Photobucket

4 comments :

  1. This author really seems to work for you :) It's great when you find such an author.

    LOL, I'm curious about this book because I read Olympic Gold Medal LOL. I really need to get in the mood of reading m/m!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love Ethan's writing. I love his characters and his sense of humour. So yes, it's good that I found him. LOL

      Wade's character is good. He's a big sexy athlete. hehe

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed this. I read all 3 Summit City books back to back & I loved every word. Just remember - last 3 paragrahs Chapter 9 in Life In Fusion - most amazing thing I've read recently. Now don't skip lol, it's worth waiting for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to hurry up and read those other two books now!!

      Delete