Sunday, December 23, 2012

Week in Review: 23/12/12

Are you ready for Christmas?  After Saturday, I'm good to go.  Got everyone's gifts and now it's just time to relax and read and wrap stuff up and also play catch up with the blog.  :P

This past week was fun.  We had our staff christmas party on Friday and on Thursday night I went glow-bowling with a few coworkers.  I haven't bowled in forever but now that I have, I think I'm going to make it a regular thing.  I also went to see the Nutcracker ballet on Friday night.  That was just wonderful!  I've never been to the ballet before and I'm already planning on seeing Sleeping Beauty in March.  Vundabar!  LOL

Books Read
Just One Night:  The Stranger by Kyra Davis

I got this one from Netgalley because it sounded interesting, and it was.  I'm not really a fan of cheating but this one worked.  And OMG I hated the ending!  And the sequel comes out in March?  I hope netgalley gets it before then.

The Runaway Princess by Hester Browne

I forget where I saw this one mentioned but I'm glad I picked it up.  Amy Wilde is a gardener in London who falls for a guy who ends up being a prince.  He's far enough down the chain of inheritance that their romance is interesting, but not a state issue.  That changes when Leo's grandfather, the king of Nirona (more posh than Monaco lol) dies and changes the line of succession.  I need to review this one.

The Kiss Off by Sarah Billington

I saw Rowena make this as currently reading on Goodreads and the blurb definitely caught my eye.  I had to read it ASAP and I thought it was cute.  Although Poppy got on my nerves a few times and the ending was abrupt, I liked it overall.

Between You and Me by Willa Okati

I have read only 1 other Willa Okati title and I hope her other books are more like the other one I read and not this one.  I thought this book was so pretentious.  Ugh, men do not think like that and I skimmed quite a bit because it was freaking annoying.  It's about two best friends who after years and years of friendship, realize they're in love with each other.  It could have been interesting but nope. It was bad.

Reviews Posted
Where Nerves End by L.A. Witt
When the Duchess Said Yes by Isabella Bradford
Storm's Heart by Thea Harrison
Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide to Getting Girls by Tellulah Darling
On Dublin Street by Samantha Young

**Woah!  Five reviews in one week and TWO monthly recaps.  I'm on fire!  lol**

New Additions
Downloaded

What a Lady Wants by Victoria Alexander
Unleashed by Cherrie Lynn
Rock Me by Cherrie Lynn
Leave Me Breathless by Cherrie Lynn

Library
Adaptation by Malinda Lo

Photobucket

4 comments :

  1. Yay! You're on a roll...

    Ready for Christmas? No! I'm just getting started. :(

    RE: Okati. I've read a couple of her books and they were quite good, but that was a long time ago. The storyline for this one sounds quite predictable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hils, did you get everything done in time? LOL

      I've been afraid to branch out with Okati, especially after this read. Maybe I'll just re-read And Call Me in the Morning.

      Delete
  2. Great week, Ames!! You sure are on fire! Want to share a bit of that fire with me? :P

    LOL, as we're not exchanging gifts at my home this year, yep, I'm ready for Christmas :) We stocked up on food and are ready to survive! LOL.

    You make me want to read The Runaway Princess! It sounds cute :) and yay, you bought What A Lady Wants! I know you've read and enjoyed it already and I'm so happy!! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should read the Runaway Princess, it was cute!

      Delete