Sunday, January 20, 2013

Week in Review: 20/01/13

Hello hello!  I'm in a good mood today.  I'm on vacation for two weeks!  I was supposed to go to Georgia, but tickets prices and illness have conspired to not make it happen this time around.  That's ok.  I have plenty of vacation time so I'll go visit later this year.  However, my vacation is not ruined - I have a whole bedroom plan in mind.  I'm going to paint, rearrange, get new furniture and new shelves.  The whole she-bang.

I saw the Gangster Squad on Tuesday night.  I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it.  I recommend it.  Ryan Gosling in late 40s style is hot hot hot!  LOL

On the tv front, I became a fan of Homeland over the Christmas vacation.  I finished season 2 this morning and woah.  I can't wait for season 3!!

Reading this week was sloooow.  I stupidly started reading 4 books at the same time and that always backfires on me with me not being able to concentrate on anything and unable to move on.  *sigh*

BOOKS READ
Thou Shalt Not Road Trip by Antony John

Okay, the title should have given it away, but this had a religious theme to it.  So just letting you know that if you're interested.  LOL  Luke Dorsey is the main character and I didn't like him.  He annoyed the snot out of me and his brother did too.  Blah.



REVIEWS POSTED
Ugh I didn't post anything!  I suck.  But my aunt was in town for a few nights so I was busy after work.
NEW ADDITIONS
Downloaded

The Chocolate Kiss by Laura Florand
Something Like Normal by Trish Doller
Where You Are by J.H. Trumble
Unforgivable by Joanna Chambers

*  I got a giftcard to kobo at Christmas, it's really coming in handy!

Bought
The Seduction of Elliot McBride by Jennifer Ashley
The Other Side of Us by Sarah Mayberry


Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Looks like you got a bunch of new books. I hope this inspires more reviews and five star ratings. Have fun with your holidays. I hope you get a lot done.

    ~Happy Reading,

    Sara @ Just Another Story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sara! I have a feeling that these books are going to leave me very happy. :P

      And as for my holidays - I'm going to stay warm first of all!! LOL Hope you're keeping warm too.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I look forward to reading your thoughts on all of the books that you got this week. And I want to see Gangster Squad, I want to see Ryan Gosling on the big screen because that's never a bad thing. =)

    Happy reading sweets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it's definitely not. And with the period costume from the 40s? SWOON!!

      Delete
  3. Hmm. That WHERE YOU ARE looks good! :) I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks really good JH! I hope to get to it very soon, once I get some review books out of the way. :P

      Delete
  4. Oh have a great vacation! I read The Seduction of Elliot McBride and Unforgivable already. I hope you enjoy both of them. I also bought The Other Side of Us by Mayberry and looking forward to reading it. :) Hmm... I must, must give Florand a shot.

    I look forward to reading your reviews! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the Chocolate Thief, I need to write a review for it. And Nath tells me the Chocolate Kiss was even better, so yeah, you should give her a shot. :P

      Delete
  5. I hope you have a great vacation! Sorry that you're not going to Georgia but hopefully you can do something close to home that's still fun. Also, can't wait to see the before and afters of the Ames boudoir. :)

    I've heard good things about the Mayberry - hope you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy, it's been in the -40s for a few days now so all the fun I'm having is AT home, because it's too darn cold to go outside!! LOL I do need to make a trek to the home depot store to get some paint. I am having fun clearing out my room but my amount of junk is scaring me. haha

      Delete
  6. ahhh, I was planning to go to the movies during the holidays and I never got the chance, sigh. Oh well. I'm glad you enjoyed the movie :) And yes, always fun to see a handsome guy on big screen :P

    I have to give Homeland a try, but first, I have to find a way to get my hand on it.

    It's awesome on your room. Can't wait to see the final look. You're doing a great job so far! :)

    Your new precious are looking good!

    ReplyDelete