Sunday, January 27, 2013

Week in Review: 27/01/13


What a week!!  I was on vacation and on Monday I started cleaning out my room.  I have collected a lot of junk in 30 years and it took 2 days to get it out of my room.  No lie.  Wednesday I primed, Thursday I painted.  Friday I applied a second coat on some portions of the wall, and I also started steam cleaning the carpet.  Saturday I did the other half of the carpet and went to Ikea.  For what?  A new bed and dresser!  Sunday I assembled everything and right now I'm taking a bit of a break before I organize all my shit and move it all back into my room.  LOL  And all my books.  I'm also going to weed through all my books and I can see possibly giving some away.  So stay tuned for that.

I wanted a new bed because a)I needed a new mattress and b)Max is getting on in years and my bed was pretty high.  I was worried about his legs!  So I got a lower platform bed with a firmer mattress.

Starting to move stuff back into my room today, it was like playing musical chairs.  First of all, I had a ton of bookshelves.  I decided to leave two out.  They are big ones, so I'm going to need to weed out a lot of books.  haha

Ok, pictures.  My walls previously were a light (almost white) gray.  Blech.  I went with my favorite colour:  purple.  In two shades.

This first pic is just to show the two different shades.  Light and dark.  LOL  You can see my junk piled up right outside my bedroom door.

That shelf thingy goes all the way around my room so I painted the top lighter.  The wall directly opposite the one shown is almost all light purple because that shelf cuts off about a quarter way.  I'm very pleased with my colour choices.

Here's a picture of Max and She-Ra checking out their new bed.  They like it!

My room is still a mess, so I'll be getting it in order the rest of the week.

Because I was soooo busy, I did not read, I only posted one review (Falls Chance Ranch) and I didn't buy ANY books.

Photobucket

10 comments :

  1. I really like those colors. It turned out really nice. I can't wait to see how it all turns out. Max looks like he approves. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really liking the colours too - no painter's remorse here. LOL

      And yes, Max loves the bed. If I can't find him anywhere around me, I know I'll find him curled up on the bed now. No more running jump to get on it. hehe

      Delete
  2. Awww, everything looks great Ames! So this is what you've been so busy with. Looks like you're getting a lot done and you're being productive on your vacation so go you!

    I love the colors too and the dogs do look happy on their new bed. I love it. Are you going to share pictures of the room after it's all set up again? I'd love to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will share more pictures. Especially of my book shelves, I've been rearranging everything!

      Delete
    2. I can't wait to see them! Hurry and take those pictures, I'm getting so anxious!

      Delete
  3. I love the color and I love those book shelves. That settles it - I'm moving in! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The door's open!! LOL

      Delete
  4. You were such a busy bee!! However, all that work paid out because your room looks great!! :) The colors are so you :P and purging stuff from the whole room from time to time is not bad. I did the same the past week-end. Threw out calendars from 2003 and 2005 and some empty shoe boxes ^_^; LOL, wonder why I kept them in the first place.

    And it looks like Max and She-Ra agree with your new bed :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, those are old calendars!! LOL Yes, I have a little box of donations going, and it's good to go through stuff. One less thing to worry about when spring cleaning hits. :P

      And it feels good to be productive. It's definitely kept my mind off work.

      Delete
  5. That's great that it kept your mind off work. Even though it's work, it's different and exciting and you can relax :)

    And yes, those were old calendars. It was from my idols when I was a teen/young adult. I debated putting them in the basement, but figured, I still wouldn't look at them again... so recycle bin T_T

    ReplyDelete