Sunday, February 03, 2013

Week in Review: 3/2/13

Ahhh, my final week of vacation.  How did I spend it?  Playing with my books.  I'm not completely done getting everything into place, but it's coming together.  I need to separate the purge books - donate, ubs and what my mom wants.  LOL  Ooh it was my mom's birthday on Friday so it was a nice busy weekend with the family.  All good stuff.  Friday during the day I also went to see Silver Linings Playbook.  I went by myself, first time I've ever gone to a movie alone.  I really enjoyed it.  I need to start taking myself out more often.  :P  I even managed to finish some books!

BOOKS READ
The Hidden Heart by Laura Kinsale

I like naval set historicals and this one fit the bill.  I enjoyed it but it was not without it's problems.  I liked how so much happened though.

Townie and the Twink by Daisy Harris

I was in the mood for an m/m and this one was on my phone while I was waiting to pick someone up. :P  You have to love smartphones.  I really liked it!

Wildest Dreams by Kristen Ashley

This one started off strong but petered off towards the last third.  It's a fantasy which was different for me because I've only read Kristen's contemporaries.  However, it worked because the heroine came from our universe and got transported into an alternate one.  So modern heroine, different setting.  Win win.  Frey was super hot.

REVIEWS POSTED
Nothing again, but I wrote some that'll hopefully go up in the next week.  :P

NEW ADDITIONS
Used Book Store
Switched by Amanda Hocking (I've read this one - bought these mostly for my mom)
Torn by Amanda Hocking
Ascend by Amanda Hocking

For Review

Rising Darkness by Thea Harrison
Wrecked by Shiloh Walker
Fever by Maya Banks
Let It Be Me by Kate Noble



Photobucket

2 comments :

  1. Good stuff on your room, Ames! Also, good for going alone! It's good to have me space and freedom :P

    Nice new additions! I like the cover of Wrecked, but I haven't read Shiloh walker in so long... Hope you enjoy Let it Be Me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wrecked is me giving Ms. Walker another chance. I tried reading one of her books a few years ago and it was a dnf. But since I'm still in a contemporary mood, I decided to give it a shot.

      I really enjoy Noble's writing so I hope I like this one too. :P

      Delete